SERVICE, MAINTENANCE AND SPARE PARTSIf you have a Pierre Cardin watch in need of a service or repair, Instyle Watches PTY LTD (Pierre Cardin), will ensure your timepiece is on the mark. Our service center is equipped with the tools, parts and technical skills required to assist you with the service of your watch. We recommend a regular service for your Pierre Cardin watch.
If you require any assistance with your Pierre Cardin Watch, you can contact us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org you can also phone us on 02 8399 7300.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Pierre Cardin watches contain precision electronic components, and in some watches, fragile finishes. To ensure the best wear, please follow these simple guidelines for watch care.
- Avoid leaving your watch in any extremes for long periods of time such as direct sunlight, extremely warm or cold locations.
- Avoid wet conditions unless the watch is suited for them. Never operate the buttons or crown when the watch is submerged in water.
- Hitting your watch against a hard surface will not only affect the surface such as the lens, case or band however will also cause damage to internal components.
- Do not under any circumstances wear your watch in a hot tub, sauna, shower or bath. The combination of extreme heat and water may cause your watch to lose its water resistancy due to breakdown in seals.
- Ensure that watches marked as water resistant are thoroughly rinsed under fresh water after use in salt and/or chlorinated water and dried with a soft cloth.
- The watch and the bracelet/band may collect dust and perspiration and will become soiled if not cleaned regularly. This is particularly the case with the inner parts of the links or mesh of the bracelet. Wipe periodically with a soft dry cloth.
- No backward hand or date adjustments such as daylight savings time, should be made when the analogue hands read between 8pm and 3am. At these times the gears are too close together and such a change could cause damage.
- Where the watch is not marked as water resistant on the dial or back this means that the watch is dust resistant only and the wearer must not get the watch wet.
Do not expose the watch to solvents, cosmetic sprays (e.g. hairspray, deodorant, perfume), detergents, adhesives, paints, gasses, mercury, or other chemicals. They may cause dis-colouration and deterioration to the finish of the watch.
Leather is a natural porous material, therefore you should avoid oils, solvents, cleaning products and cosmetics. This will prevent premature ageing and discolouration of the leather.
Should your watch have a screw down crown, you must ensure that the crown is completely tightened at all times. If the crown is left unscrewed the watch will not be water resistant. The crown should only be unscrewed when you are changing the time setting. * Do not operate the crown in water or whilst the watch is wet.
SETTING THE TIME AND CALENDER:
As Pierre Cardin watches are made with a variety of different movements, the process to set the time and or calendar will very. For any assistance with setting your Pierre Cardin watch please contact our service center.
Phone: 02 8399 7300
- Pull out the crown. If your watch has a screw lock crown first unscrew the crown then pull it out.
- Turn the crown clockwise until the desired time and day/date appears.
- Do not set the calendar between 9.00pm and 4.00am otherwise it may not change properly.
- After the time and calendar have been set, be sure to push the crown back in towards the watch head (with a screw lock crown you will then need to screw the crown tightly closed).
Water resistancy of your watch is greatly affected by the way the watch is treated. Misuse will diminish water resistancy by damaging the case and lens seals.
Should your watch have a screw down crown, you must ensure that the crown is completely tightened at all times. If the crown is left unscrewed the watch will not be water resistant. The crown should only be unscrewed when you are changing the time setting.